We strive to make each and every guest feel at home with maximum comfort and happiness whilst respecting our planet’s delicate environmental balance. We know that many guests take the environment into consideration when they make hotel booking decisions. Hotel sustainability has become a priority for forward-thinking guests. A clean environment is essential for healthy living and sustainability is now necessary: we all must do something to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, stop the occurring climate change and start living in harmony with the nature that surrounds us. Our guests are warmly encouraged to play their individual roles in reducing our water, detergent and energy consumption.
We want to reduce our environmental footprint while simultaneously improving the guest experience. We have implemented green initiatives into everyday activities by introducing:
- in-shower dispensers with bath gel and shampoo to replace single-use plastic toiletry bottles reducing the environmental impact of plastic waste
- bottled water in returnable glass bottles from a local supplier ( available in rooms)
- no more printing materials – we have rendered obsolete the traditional print version of the hotel guest directory, room service menu and marketing materials. They are available on our in- room hotel TV information channel.
- keeping the room curtains closed during hot summer days to maintain a cool temperature and prevent the room from overheating reducing the need to use the A/C and conserving energy
- biodegradable drinking straws– we use biodegradable straws in all bars to reduce environmental impact of straw usage.
In addition, our Hotel is committed to the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and care for the local and global environment. We take part in many initiatives to help minimise our impact on the environment. In recent years, as one of the sponsors, we have supported the “Zbieraj z klasa” campaign organized by the European Recycling Platform – the largest recycling campaign in Poland directed at children and youths. Students from all types of educational institutions in Poland can take part in the campaign of collecting and recycling used batteries and electronic equipment.
Together, we can take care of our planet, which is why we encourage our guests to:
- drink tap water: believing that tap water is unhealthy is a popular common myth. Tap water is not only safe, but it’s often better than bottled water. The high quality water in Kolobrzeg does not come from surface water; it is obtained from a deep well. Our water is systematically controlled by the Municipal Water Supply and Sewerage Laboratory in Kołobrzeg, which is the holder of the Research Laboratory Accreditation Certificate. Their water tests are confirmed in impartial third-party audits by the superior institutions like District Sanitary and Epidemiological Station in Kołobrzeg and Świdwin. Tap water has better properties than bottled water. Therefore, we encourage our guests to drink tap water, and to help it become a common practice, we limit the number of water dispensers and plastic cups and encourage our guests to use their own reusable water bottles that can also be purchased from us. Enjoy tap water that’s just as clean, tasty and convenient to use as bottled water.
You can read more about this subject on:
- reuse towels and bed linen – every day in hotels around the world, huge amounts of bed linen and towels are washed. Detergents as well as water and energy consumption have a negative impact on the environment. Let’s take care of our planet together. To avoid unnecessary replacement of towels or bed linen, guests can decide whether they wish to have them changed. Our housekeeping will replace towels if they are left on the floor and bed linen if a printed card is placed on the bed requesting housekeeping to change the linens.
From design and construction stages through to its responsible day to day operations, the eco-friendly hotel AQUARIUS SPA***** has made important environmental improvements to its structure in order to make efficient use of resources, optimize energy efficiency and limit water consumption for maximum reduction of its environmental impact.